A few days ago Will and Charlie were outside doing some chores that included the use of our lawn tractor and the small trailer attachment. When they were finished they decided it would be fun to ride up and down the road each taking turns standing up to do a bit of surfing in the trailer. The object of this game was to see if the driver could dislodge the surfer. When I caught sight of this I had to holler at them to stop and then proceeded to give them each a lecture on why this was not a safe activity.
When I was finished screeching at them in a voice only the dogs could here Charlie piped up.
“Mom, why do you always have to play the roll of Buzz McKillinton?”.
Which them prompted me to ask them to write a Guest Post on why they think I am such a Buzz Kill. Here is their post, completely unedited*.
Our mother the buzz kill.
A short story by Will and Charlie.
Who wants to hear a story about a bridge? Well nobody but with mom its everyday occurrence, Just hearing her calling our names from upstairs means something that won’t be fun.
What we think will be fun, She thinks will be “Dangerous” Obviously it’s dangerous that’s why it’s fun! She won’t even let us ride bikes down stairs, our poor little brother will grow up in a cruel and un-fun house.
Here’s a list of how she kills our buzz.
1. Sheep in the pool (Apparently it would kill it and that’s “A bad thing”)
2. Everyday when she dumps Henry on us. (Apparently its a bonding experience)
3. Whenever she calls our names from upstairs. (We know its either two things. Work, Or Trouble)
4. How we cant have overly violent games. *Cough* Buzz kill *Cough* *Cough*
5. Shes expects things of us.
6. Expects to feed ourselves.
7. Expects us to not do something Half-assed
8. Work! She expects us to get off out lazy butts and pay attention to her.
9. She expects me. A 16 year old teenage boy to wake up before 12 in the afternoon. (Gasp!)
10. She expects a 14 year old XBOX junkie to not play for 7 hours a day or until his fingers are numb.
11. She expects us to NOT be dumb teenagers. (Who does she think she is?)
As you can plainly tell. Our Moms a real buzz kill, She expects us to do things and enjoy doing them, Her idea of fun is throwing us outside for the day and making us watch Henry. PLEASE! CALL CHILD SERVICES! We don’t know how much more buzz killing we can take.
TM of Will, Charlie and Henry. Have a great day that’s not full of a buzz kill mother. Cause we sure wont.
And there you have it folks, all the reasons why I am Buzz McKillington.
*It nearly killed me not to spellcheck and edit this post!